By Lynne Garcia, IRP Marketing Manager
2012 has seen IRP grow and develop to meet the needs of the modern recruitment community. Let’s take a moment to look at the IRPs achievements in 2012 and a look ahead at what’s in store for 2013.
- We launched our very own I love Recruitment blog, with a host of information, tips and amazing stories from our guest bloggers from the recruitment world.
- New team and new home – we have a new dedicated IRP Team, this year welcomed Richard Charnock as Head of IRP and Qualifications, Lynne Garcia, IRP Marking Manager, Helena Marken, Qualifications Manager and Charlotte Barrett, E-Account Manager and we also moved into to our new offices in Stamford Street, London.
- We held the 4th Annual IRP Awards, we received a record number of entries and the largest ever number of recruiters attending the glittering event at the Grange in St Pauls. Click on the following link to view the Recruiter of the Year.
- The IRP and the West Midlands Regional Director raised money for Charity at their annual quiz and supper in Birmingham
- The REC and IRP Legal Bulletin won a highly commended award at the Memcom awards.
- IRP Qualifications have gone from strength to strength and we awarded our top students who achieved top marks in the Certificate in Recruitment Practice.
- We got social with you – We developed our professional community, our LinkedIn group now connects with over 2,900 recruitment professionals. At the same time, the IRP has also been tweeting, blogging, sharing, liking and pinning our way around the social sphere just to make sure you stay connected!
- The IRP Regional Directors continued to do fantastic work throughout the year to raise the profile of IRP across the UK, with a mix of social and business events and some media work.
- We celebrate five top recruiters who received IRP Honorary Fellowship for making an outstanding contribution to the industry over the course of their careers.
- IRP Advocate programme continued to gather momentum amongst clients, candidates and all of our industry.
Still to come in 2013.
- 2013 is set to be another exciting year for the IRP, with nominations closing in the middle of the year for Honorary Fellowship to the IRP leading to the status of HonFIRP for some worthy individuals who have made a significant and lasting contribution to the industry.
- We will be launching a Careers Routeway to help our members navigate and make the most of their careers, supported by the qualifications programme, all of which will help to climb the career ladder.
- We want you to promote yourself! The new IRP Client Kit will help showcase to clients the benefit of using IRP members along with comprehensive range of guidance and support tools.
Skills CFA and the REC are working together develop Apprenticeship Frameworks for Recruitment in England and Wales, at Levels 3 and 4. We have been working with sector professionals to develop the competence and knowledge qualifications that will form the basis of these Frameworks and will be consulting on the structure and content of these in the New Year.
- IRP Awards – 5th Anniversary
We continue the success of the IRP Awards to celebrate excellence, best practice and achievement in the recruitment industry.
- New website!
Stay tuned for our new website, we can’t wait for you to see it!
Don’t forget we want to hear from you, let us know what you want part of the YOUR Institute!
Now for a bit of fun, do you need another Christmas distraction? Pit your wits against the rest and take part in our Christmas Quiz!!
One last thing, we would like to thank all of our members for your support in 2012 and we would like to wish you a very happy Christmas and best wishes for 2013.